Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Re-fried Beans (Crockpot)


















I LOVE re-fried beans. It has taken me a few tries....but I have finally figured out how to make them just the way I like them:-) They are delicious!!!!!!

I didn't use measurements....so bare with me on this. You might have to just play with the seasoning until you get it just the way you like it.

Ingredients:
Dried pinto beans (about 2 cups)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp dried onion
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chopped jalapeno
2-3 cups of water

Directions:
Put beans into crockpot. Cover them with water. You want the water about 1/2 inch about the beans. Add all of your seasonings and stir. Cover and turn on high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender. You might have to add water as they cook if they look like they are getting a little dry. Once the beans are tender, get a spoon and spoon out extra moisture(keep on the side in a bowl). Mash the beans with a fork...or potato masher...or heck, you could probably use a blender..lol. I used a fork which I am sure is the hardest way...but it worked! Once you have them all mashed up you can add back in the sauce that you took out...as need to get the right texture of the beans.

These are really yummy!!!! I am not sure my hispanic friends would approve...lol. I might be doing em' all wrong:-) But they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Love this! This looks so good!

    I work with AllFreeCasseroleRecipes and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

    Adam Kaplan
    akaplan@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete