Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bacon Egg and Cheese Bake


My step kids have been telling me about this for a while....I asked their Mom for the recipe and she gave it to me...thanks Lisa:-) I tried it out the other morning....it was a hit!! I didn't have everything she said to put in it...so I just used what I had and it was YUMMY! This will be made again in my house for breakfast for sure:-)

Ingredients:
1 package crescent rolls (uncooked)
6 eggs
milk
cheddar cheese
butter
cream cheese
salt and pepper
4 slices of bacon cooked and chopped up

Directions:

Cook bacon...cut up and sit to the side. Place half of the crescent rolls on the bottom of a baking pan. Poke holes in them with a fork like you are making a pie crust. Bake in the over for 5-10 minutes on 300. Pull out of oven and set to the side. Scramble 6 eggs in a bowl...add a little milk (not sure how much...less then 1/2 cup) then add scrambled eggs to a buttered skillet. Once the eggs are about done add the cooked bacon. Stir together and then add about 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the eggs. Stir to melt the cheese and remove from heat. Spread cream cheese on the top of the cooked crescents in the baking pan. Add eggs to baking pan. Put the other half of the uncooked crescents on top of the eggs. They don't have to be together....leave some gaps in them. Spread another layer of cream cheese on top of the crescent rolls...top with cheese and bake about 15-20 minutes until the top layer of crescents are done. DONE!!! YUMMY! Lisa also added sour cream to the eggs when scrambling....and topped the whole thing off with fresh tomatoes:-) You can mix it up however you like...use bacon....veggies...ham...etc! ENJOY!!!

Thanks Lisa for the yummy recipe:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment