Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw with Cilantro Rice


Let me start by saying I LOVE fish tacos and it took me FOREVER to find a recipe that I thought would be good. A lot of fish taco recipes have a mango salsa...yuck. I am not a fan of mango salsa. I love mango's and I love salsa...but for some reason I don't think sweet mango's and hot peppers go together...I am weird...I know:-)

I found this recipe and tweaked it to my liking. The textures and all the different flavors in this recipe makes for some good eats:-)

Taco Sauce:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tbls mayo
3 tbls sour cream
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper

Mix all together and store in fridge until tacos are ready to eat:-)

Tacos and slaw:

Ingredients:
3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (raw)
1 chopped tomato
1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 lime
4 tbls olive oil
salt and pepper
chili powder
4 tilapia fillets

Directions:
Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well. Set to the side.

Heat a pan at about med-med high heat and add a little olive oil to coat the pan. Sprinkle salt and chili powder on both sides of the tilapia and brown in pan until cooked through...about 2 minutes on each side. Once all of the fish is cooked drain on paper towel and chop fish into bite size pieces. Serve fish, sauce and cabbage slaw on warm corn tortillas. YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Cilantro Rice:
Very simple and really good...and light! Cook the rice as you normally would. When it's done add lime juice...salt and pepper a little olive oil and fresh chopped cilantro. I liked it with one lime (juiced)...about 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro....1-2 tbls olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. What was really good...was adding some of the taco sauce to the rice:-) LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment