Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


I love pulled pork. The roast isn't cheap...but it makes soooo much food. You can have pulled pork sandwiches...tacos...and whatever else you want with all of the meat:-) So...in the long run...making a big roast saves you money. I used about a 2 1/2lb pork shoulder (bone in) roast. Super simple...leave it on the crock pot all day...and you have supper almost done when you walk through the door...now that's my kind of cookin' on a day that I don't feel like doing much! Oh...and you might ask...why bread instead of a bun?? Well...it's simple. We have lots of bread...so why by buns for just one meal? Seems like a waste to me:-) Hey...trying to save wherever I can!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lb pork roast
1 med onion sliced
salt and pepper
4 cloves of garlic chopped
worchestershire sauce about 1 tbs
water (enough to come half way up the roast in the crock pot)

Directions:
Place sliced onion in bottom of crock pot. Put roast on top of onion. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 hours. I left my house at 7:15am....got home at 5:30 and it was perfect:-)

Coleslaw:
1 bad of coleslaw mix
(follow directions on back)
except...use 1/2 the amount of celery seeds and add more sugar until the coleslaw is to your liking. I like mine a little sweet:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment