Sunday, December 27, 2009

Turkey Tacos with tomato, onion & avocado salsa


Joel and I are trying to eat turkey instead of beef. So far I have found a chili recipe that is better with turkey and wanted to see if I could make a taco recipe with turkey as well. It turned out great!!! If I would have given it to the kids and not told them it was turkey they wouldn't have known.

To make the tacos...I simply sauteed some onion and a bell pepper (chopped) in a pan for about 4-5 minutes...then add one pound of ground turkey meat. Stir and brown until turkey is done. You don't need to drain the grease because there isn't any!! YAY for NO GREASE! Then I just added a taco seasoning package as normal...Stirred it and keep warm until ready to eat

Tomato/Avocado Salsa

This was soooo good!
1 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
2 handfuls of grape tomatoes sliced in half
1/2 small onion chopped
1 wedge of fresh lemon juice
salt
pepper
olive oil (maybe 1/2 tablespoon)

Mix together in bowl...add salt and pepper to taste! YUM!

Put turkey meat and salsa on flour tortilla and add any other toppings you would like. I added a little sharp cheddar and sour cream!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment