Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love me some pork butt!!!

I work from home 3 days a week and like to make hearty meals when I can:-) Today I put a pork butt on the crock pot during my lunch break. It will be PERFECT when it's time for supper!!!
It's about a 4-5lb butt (or shoulder) bone in! I put it in the crock pot on high...season it with onion, garlic powder, pepper, Lawry's seasoning, ground red pepper (rub all of those into the roast really well)...then poor about an inch of water around the roast....put a few spoons full of chopped jalapeno on top of the roast...cover and let cook for about 4-6 hours...until it's for tender:-)
When it's done...pull the roast out...poor out almost all of the liquid (saving about 1 cup),,,shred the meat...put back in pot,...add BBQ sauce and some of the liquid if needed....mix together and serve on buns! YUMMY!
 I will add a picture tonight once it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment