Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pear Pie



My Mom gave Joel and I the "Fruit of the Month" gift for Christmas this year! I LOVE the fruit of the month. Every month you get a box of different fruits! This month we got pears...yummmmmm. We had so many of them I was afraid they would go bad before we ate them all. I decided to make a pie. I am not a baker...at all. I would rather cook anything then attempt to bake a pie. I found a recipe that was probably the most simple recipe there is...so I figured I might have a shot of making this one edible:-)

It turned out great! If you like Pears you will love this pie. It was VERY simple...and delicious...especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Ingredients:
Box of ready made pie crust...top and bottom
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbls flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
5 cups (5 pears) peeled and sliced pears
2 tbls butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:
Combine sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon and lemon rind on bowl
Arrange pears in layers in a 9 inch pastry lined pan, sprinkle sugar moisture over each layer...dot with butter...repeat with layers until pie is full. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Roll out remaining dough, cut slits to let steam out while cooking....moisten rim of bottom crust...place top crust over filling...fold edge:-) Sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on top.

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes...then turn heat down to 350 for 35 to 40 more minutes....brush with butter right before it's done. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment