Monday, September 21, 2009

Garden Delight Chicken


My friends Mom use to own an Italian restaurant when I was younger. Every time I would go there I would get this dish.....It's soooo good! Her Mom gave my Mom the recipe so we could make it at home...and here we are years later and it's still one of our favorites!! The picture is horrible...sorry:-( It was dark out and I had no natural light....Don't let me picture fool you though!!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1 quart of heavy cream
fresh basil (about 8 leaves) chopped
1 scallion (large) chopped
butter...lots!
salt and pepper
mushrooms (2 packages sliced)
white wine about 2 cups

Directions:
start by sauteing the mushrooms in a little butter, pepper and white wine...sit to the side once they are done.
Next...in another pot start the sauce...saute the chopped scallions in about 1/2 stick of butter until soft....take pot off the heat and add the quart of cream and fresh basil. Stir and let sit until your chicken is cooked.

Cook chicken in butter and wine until cooked through...keeping the pan moist with wine...don't let the chicken dry out. Once the chicken in done...take it off the heat and add your mushrooms and cream sauce. Cover and let heat through for about 5 minutes. I serve it will rice and a salad. It's very good...not very healthy...but good!!!

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment