Sunday, November 1, 2009

Turkey Chili


Ok I have to start by saying this chili ROCKS! I have been trying to find "the" recipe for me and this is it! I was a little worried that Joel wouldn't like it because it's healthy....but he is a trooper and tried it. Guess what??? He LOVED it!!! He wants me to keep making it! YAY! I FINALLY found a chili recipe that I really love! If you are looking for a healthier chili recipe that doesn't taste healthier....this is it!!

Ingredients:
1 med onio, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package (1lb) lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 (14 1/2 ounce) can salsa-style or regular stewed tomatoes..undrained
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 green bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup picante sauce

Directions:
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Crumble turkey into saucepan; sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook until turkey is done...about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, beans, bell pepper and picante sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. YUMMO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment