Thursday, August 13, 2009

Waldorf Salad


A girl I work with (Linda) brought this salad to work for a baby shower we were having and it was yummy! She shared the recipe with me and I decided to make it tonight for a friends cookout. If you haven't tried this you should. It's a great summer dish!!!


Ingredients:

4 apples ( I used 2 red and 2 green) - chopped

1 cup chopped walnuts

4 celery stalks - chopped

6 tbsp plain yogurt

4 tbsp honey

1 tsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup whip cream (you can whip your own...but I used already whipped) I am all about easy:-)


Combine first 3 ingredients. Blend next 4 ingredients and pour over apple mixture. Toss well and fold in whip cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


ENJOY!!! You can also add other fruit to this salad and it would be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment