Sunday, July 13, 2014

Schnitzel

My Mom started making this a few years ago. It's very simple and delicious! It's a different twist on the typical fried chicken:-)

Ingredients:
Flour
Panko Bread Crumbs
3 eggs
garlic powder
pepper
salt
1 cucumber thinly sliced
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup coconut oil



Directions:
Slice cucumber and red onion very thin, put in bowl with red wine vinegar, cover, put in fridge until it's time to eat. (the longer this sits the better it is)
Buy thinly cut chicken breasts or pound them thin yourself. Pat each breast in flour first, then egg, then bread crumbs. I season the bread crumbs with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat coconut oil to med-high and fry
each breast until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
Serve the cucumber/onion mixture on top of chicken. ENJOY!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I lived in Germany for over 8 years, home of the Schnitzel. I've never heard of it being made with chicken. Use a pork cutlet or veal. One of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom loved the German recipe and decided to try it with chicken. It's delicious! I have never made it with veal or pork cutlet, but will try. I bet it's wonderful:-)

    ReplyDelete