Monday, December 28, 2009

Chicken & Rice



Let me start by saying that my husband rocks. If I make something and it's horrible...he just tells me:-) Tonight he told me that dinner was so good...I should take a picture of the empty plate and tell you guys "this is what a good dinner looks like" LOL. He is so cute. He knows how much I love to blog...

I tried chicken and rice tonight with veggies. I haven't ever made chicken and rice...I know that's hard to believe but I really haven't:-) This is what I came up with and it was YUMMY!!!

I bought the bad of frozen chicken breasts just because they are cheaper...and as long as you thaw them out the correct way they aren't too bad.

I took 2 chicken breasts and put them in a freezer plastic bag...I added some fresh lemon juice...pepper....garlic powder and a little season all. Shake the bad to mix everything together and then put it in the fridge overnight to thaw.

Preheat oven to 350. Add one cup of rice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (or water) and about 3-4 tbs of cream of mushroom soup into a baking pan. Mix together well. Place marinated chicken on top of rice mixture and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the rice and chicken is done.

For the veggies (THAT TOTALLY ROCKED) I steamed the zucchini and squash (chopped) first for about 10 minutes...just until soft but not mushy. Then I took the squash and zucchini, a handful of grape tomatoes and 1/2 onion... and sauteed them with 2 tbs butter and salt and pepper for about 6-7 minutes.

Clear as mud??? I am not good at giving directions when I didn't have a recipe to follow...lol...I just through it together...but it was too good not to share:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment