Monday, October 12, 2009

Fried Taters


Ok...here is another one that most people already know how to make...but hey! I remember when I would look for simple recipes like this and I couldn't find them. So....figured I would put this recipe up in case anyone needs a simple potatoe recipe that is to die for!!!

You need:
Potatoes
veg oil (2-3 tablespoons)
butter (2 tablespoons)
salt
pepper blend seasoning
garlic powder

Peel and chope potatoes into cubes. Wash potatoes

I use an electric skillet for my potatoes. They always seem to turn out better for some reason! Put the skillet on 350. Put oil and butter in skillet and let it get good and hot. Add potatoes and sprinkle with garlic and pepper blend. Don't add salt to your potatoes until they are done or they will get soggy...yuck! Who likes a soogy fried potato?? NOT ME!!!

Cook for about 5-7 minutes then trun. Turn as needed for about 25 more minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and nice and brown:-) Drain on paper towel...then salt potatoes before serving. This is one of my faves....it really doesn't get much better then some fried taters...I could eat them every day...but won't because I want to live past 50!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment