Monday, October 12, 2009

Broccoli and Cheese


Yum! I love me some broccoli and cheese. I guess I am blessed that I have always liked my veggies. I am blessed to also have a son that will eat anything:-) Most kiddos that don't really care for broccoli will eat it when it's covered in goodness!!! This is another totally simple side dish and yummy!

You need:
broccoli (FRESH...NOT FROZEN..YUCK!)
1 clove of fresh garlic
salt
pepper
(2 tablespoons of butter)
A LOT of good sharp cheddar cheese!!

Preheat oven to 350-375

Clean and cut up about 2-3 heads of fresh broccoli...seriously don't even try this is all you have is frozen broccoli...you don't know what you are missing!!! Steam broccoli for about 10 minutes. You don't want the broccoli mushy...but you want it cooked.

Put steamed broccoli into a baking dish. Melt butter and choped clove of garlic in a bowl together in microwave for about 30 seconds. Drizzle butter and garlic mixture on broccoli...stir. Sprinkle with salt and pepper....then comes the goodness! Oh yeah! I say be just about as generous as you want to with the cheese...especially if you are trying to get your kiddos to eat veggies lol!! No, seriously I probably use about 1 cup of shredded cheese...but feel free to use as much as you would like.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly! Now that's good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment