Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

I haven't made these before. I totally threw together what I had in the pantry. They turned out pretty good. I will change a few little things the next time I make them though. I will use corn tortillas and not flour....I will add fresh onions, cilantro and tomatoes in the chicken mixture. I think that will make them better then just OK.

Ingredients:
5 flour tortillas
chicken (shredded)
enchilada sauce (canned or dry package)
salsa
shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
Fresh green onions

Directions:
Make or heat up the enchilada sauce. Pre-heat over to 375.
Shred cooked chicken (you can use chicken breasts, roasted chicken or even canned chicken. I used roasted chicken because I had one in the fridge:-)
Put chicken in a bowl...add enough of the enchilada sauce to make it moist. Add salt and pepper to taste and any other seasoning you think would add good flavor
Heat tortillas for about a minute in the microwave so they are soft and easy to work with. Put chicken in each tortilla, roll up and put in baking dish. Repeat until all enchiladas are in the baking dish.
Poor the rest of the enchilada sauce over the chicken filled tortillas and add a little salsa (1/2 cup or so)
Bake for about 25 minutes uncovered.
Add cheddar cheese on top for about 5 minutes:-)
Top with green onions when you pull them out of the oven.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment