Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuna Melt

Ok...sorry there isn't a picture this time....I am just not in the mood today. But...I want to share this recipe with you....it was a hit:-) I have TONS of leftover hot dog buns...and needed to find recipes to use them all...besides the obvious...hot dog:-) This is a recipe I found. It's REALLY good!! Super easy...and not horrible for you. Use low fat mayo...and you are good to go! The next time I make them I will add a picture!

2 cans chunk light tuna, drained
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1/3 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
1/3 cup relish
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/3 cup mayo (low fat)
salt and pepper to taste
8 hot dog or hamburger buns

Mix all ingredients (except buns!) in bowl.

Open the buns, and put them in a baking pan, about 9x13. divide the mixture evenly between the buns, close the buns, and top the baking dish with foil.

Bake in a 375F oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted/crunchy when you press on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment