Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lime Chicken


Ok...so my step daughter Haley is SUPER picky!! I don't make weird stuff....but she doesn't seem to like ANYTHING I cook...so I am trying to find healthy recipes that she will eat. She will always eat fast food...candy...etc....like most kids....but has a hard time with healthy food. She mentioned that her Mom makes a lime chicken that she really likes...so I got the recipe from her Mom. It's marinating today and I will grill it tonight. I have tried a lime chicken before that wasn't so great...didn't have much flavor...hopefully this will turn out better!! I will post a picture tonight after it's been grilled! I will let you know how they turn out!!

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts (pound down a little so they will cook evenly)
1 lime juice concentrate ( I am using the frozen lime margarita mix because I have it in my freezer)
1 chopped onion
4 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and marinate all day.

Grill...and enjoy!

UPDATE:
Well..... Joel didn't like the chicken...but I did. It didn't have tons of flavor...but still wasn't bad. I will make it again. The only thing I will do differently is brush a layer of BBQ sauce on the chicken right before it comes off the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment